Shree Shivaji Arts and Commerce College was started in Rajura in 1984. Later on, Science faculty was introduced in 1992. The post graduation department in history was started in 1994. Now our college runs post graduation courses in English, Marathi, Political Science, Sociology, Home Economics, History, Commerce and Zoology.
At present, the college is running Arts, Commerce and Science faculties in junior and senior wing (U. G and P. G.) along with vocational courses in three subjects. The college has a spacious three storied building with teak wood and Gmelina (Shivan) trees planted around of it. We have open extensive playground and well equipped gymnasium on three acres of land. In such a beautiful and healthy campus, all facilities of physical education are available in the college. The well-equipped laboratories, library with plentiful books and highly qualified teachers impart knowledge to more than two thousand students every year. Knowing the truth that mere quantitative development cannot be the standard or progress, the institution has been trying for the all round development of the students.
The special attention is provided to the standard of education, health, skills, music and oratory of the students. The N.S.S. unit of the college carries out programs like GRAMSAFAI (cleaning and removing dirt from the village) as well as social edification. The progress of the college in these 32 years is certainly pleasurable and inspiring. The college is working with the fair intension to impart education to maximum students, to raise their standard and bring about their personality development.
Vision & Mission
Vision Of the College
- To provide educational facilities to the students in the areas covered by the institution
- To empower rural youth through access to higher education
- To facilitate education to the economically backward castes and classes
- To extend education to the remote and economically backward area
- To bring out overall development of the students
Mission Of the College
- To cater education at the minimum cost
- To offer professional training courses to students apart from traditional streams
- To develop infrastructural facilities to accommodate maximum number of students
- To foster spirit among students for competitive world by providing proper guidance to students for competitive examinations
- To make learners self-reliant
- To enable learners to lead a respectable life as a citizen of the country