Shree Shivaji Arts, Commerce and Science College, Rajura has a separate cultural department since the beginning of the institution. The department has taken a special care of all the cultural and social activities for the development of the rural students, so that they can motivate themselves and focus on their goal properly. For last three years, it is headed by Dr. R. R. Kherani along with team members- Dr. Anita Randhir, Mr. Sanjay Shende, Dr. Chetna Bhongade, Ku Vanita Wanjari, Ku sunita Zamdade, Mr Manish Potnurwar and others.
The Cultural department has been working with the objective to explore the hidden talent and enhance the quality of the students. The aim of the department is to develop competitive attitude and ability to express them to understand moral values and culture of the India.
Throughout the year, the department conducts various cultural activities and organizes different competitions like Debate, Elocution, Writing Skills, Essay, Painting Poster and Banners, Nail Arts, Face Arts, Flowers decoration, Rangoli, Dance Solo And Group Dance, Mono acts, singing and most innovative event- Best Student of The Year and many more.
The college honors the winner with trophy and certificate for motivation. Considering the students performance in curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities, decision ability, future goals, patience, the college selects Best Student of the Year after three hours interview by the judges.
The committee sends some talented students to participate in intercollegiate competition, university level competition organized by various colleges and university.
The participation of college students and their achievements are summarized below,
The Session 2013 – 2014:
- On 7th Oct 2013, Deputy Registrar of RTM Nagpur university Nagpur organized debate competition on “Women Security is necessary in the present scenario” at Nagpur. Ku Jaya Arun Mehar, (B. Com Final) won the first prize and declared Best Speaker Award by the university.
- Ku. Jaya Mehar, a B.Com. Final year student has got the first prize in debate competition with trophy and cash rewards of Rs. 3000/- at Sardar Patel Mahavidhyalaya. The event organized on 16th January 2014, on the topic “ New creative Innovation in Future Business”.
- Gondwana university Gadchiroli organized intercollegiate two days innovative and creative Cultural Utasav “ Indradhanusya 2013” the following students were participated in various events.
- Ku. Rupali Gajanan Satpute bagged third prize in Rangoli competition.
- Ku. Ashwathi Shyam Kasturwar obtained second prize in Elocution competition on “Rashtriya Akatmata”
- Ku. Samta Shyam Kunchamwar (B.Com Part I), Mr. Bitu singh Nayyar (B.Com I) and Mr. Vaibhav Shankar Anmulwar Won the first prize in Quiz competition.
- The dancing group of the college won the first prize in patriotic dance competition organized by Lokmat Sakhi Manch on 19th Dec 2013.
- A team of college students participated in singing competition organized by Gondwana university Gadchiroli on 19th Oct 2013. The members of the singing team were, 1) Mohandas Meshram, 2) Lomesh Madavi, 3) Ku. Shital Taksande, 4) Ku. Shardha Burhan, 5) Ku. Damini Bobade, 6) Ku. Shrihari Thamke, 7) Mr. Vanshkrishna Dewalpalliwar.
- Ku. Rajshree Wakudkar, A B.Sc. I participated in elocution competition organized by Dhanwate National College Nagpur. The topic of event was “ Vyasan Mukti Kalachi Garaj”
- Ku. Monika Taywade and Ku. Pallavi Ulmale participated in the debate competition on 25th Dec 2013 organized by Dhanwate National College in Nagpur.
- A dance group of students presented “Patriotic Dance” at Umari Potdar conducted by Umari Police Station on 4th Dec 2013.
- Ku, Monika Narendra Taywade and Ku. Pallavi Prabhakar Ulmale participated in debate competition organized by Karmveer Mahavidhyalaya, Mul Dist Chandrapur on 9th January on the topic “Can Lokpal Bill Curb the corruption in India?”
For the session 2014-15:
- On 4th September 2014, Rashtrapita Mahatma Gandhi Arts, Commerce and Science college Sawali, Dist- Chandrapur organized Elocution competition on “Muli Bhar Nahi – Adhar” The college sent two participants Ku. Monika Taywade B.Sc. Part II and Ku. Rajshree Wakudkar B.Sc. Part III. Both got consolation prize in the events.
- Dr. Ambedkar college chandrapur organized Intercollegiate Gondwana University debate competition in the memory of Berister Rajabhau Khobragade. Ku Ashwathi Kasturwar, B. Sc. II and Ku Reshma Rasekar B. Sc. III have won Consolation prize in the event.
- Block Development office of Panchayat Samiti Rajura organized Taluka level Cleanness awareness ( A Sawacchta Mitra Vktrutva Competition) on 18th oct 2014, in this event, Ku. Rajshree Wakudkar B.Sc. Part II won the first prize with cash amount Rs. 5000 and Ku. Reshma Rasekar of B Sc III won the second prize of Rs 3000. Both were selected for the second round i.e. at district level event organized at Chandrapur.
- Ku. Rajshree Wakudkar won the second prize of Rs 7000 in the Sawacchta Mitra Vktrutva Competition at Chandrapur.
- Ku. Rajshree Wakudkar received the first prize in the debate competition organized by Rajiv Gandhi Mahavidhyalaya , Mul Road chandrapur on 24th January 2015.
- Mr. Vivek diwakar Barsagade participated in solo dance competition by Rajiv Gandhi Mahavidhyalaya chandrapur on their Annual cultural Gathering event.
For the Session 2015-16:
- Ku, Rajshree Wakudkar and Avinash Ramteke of B. Sc. Final participated in intercollegiate debate competition organized by Rashtrapita Mahatma Gandhi Mv. Sawali on 7th September 2015. The topic of event was, “Whether the election in the college should be necessary or Not?” The team got consolation prize in the event amongst 14 teams from various colleges of the university.
- Dr Ambedkar college chandrapur organized “Gondwana university intercollegiate debate competition on the occasions of 90th Birth anniversary of Dr Rajabhau Khobragade on – “ Savidhanic Padache Mahatva N samjyamule bhartiya lokshahi vyavashtha prabhavit hot ahe”. Ku. Rajshree Wakudkar and Avinash Ramteke got the third prize of the event.
- Nevjabai Hitkari college Brahmpuri organized Vidarbha level intercollegiate cultural events, “ Megh Malhar- Brahmpuri 2016” on 23rd , 24th and 25th January 2016.n Ku. Rajshree Wakudkar got first prize in elocution competition.
Cultural Incharge : Dr.R.R.Kherani