Department of Botany was established in 1992 along with other departments of Science faculty. Since the establishment, the Department has been working hard to improve academic excellence. Presently, it is running successfully with more than 180 students at under graduate level. The department has a full-fledged laboratory with all necessary facilities.
The department conducts various activities like seminars, field visits and educational tours every year for the overall development of the students. Along with traditional teaching, we also adopted advanced teaching learning practices. Faculties are using Power Point Presentations, Animations, Audio visual aids and Interactive and non interactive modes of online teaching.
Along with academics, the department is also engaged in research and extension activities. Both the faculties are actively engaged in research work and have published several Books and research papers in referred national and international research journals.
Program & Webinar Reports
Research & Extension
- International Journal of Ayurveda Research
- Traditional Equipments Of Madia Gond Of Devda Village, Gadchiroli District (Maharashtra), India.
- Wild edible plants of Chandrapur district, Maharashtra, India
- STUDY OF AQUATIC AND ASSOCIATED MACROPHYTES FROM THE MAJOR RIVERS OF THE CHANDRAPUR DISTRICT, MAHARASHTRA
- Desmids from rivers of Chandrapur district, Maharashtra
- Scenedesmus and related genera in riverine system of Chandrapur district, Maharashtra,India
- New records of fresh water Algae from India
- Study of Cyanobacterial diversity from the major rivers of Chandrapur district, Maharashtra
- Taxonomic exploration of Hydrophytes of Bamanwada Lake, District Chandrapur, Maharashtra (India).
- TAXONOMY AND DIVERSITY OF GENUS TETRAEDRON KÜTZING (CHLOROPHYCEAE) IN THE MAJOR RIVERS OF CHANDRAPUR DISTRICT, MAHARASHTRA
- Integration of ICT in Higher Education Institutions: Scope and Challenges
- New records of fresh water algae for Maharashtra state: Investigation from the major rivers of Chandrapur district
- ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION AND ITS IMPACT ON LIVING ORGANISMS, ECONOMY AND REFLECTION OF ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES IN LITERATURE: A CORRELATIVE STUDY*
- Pharmacognostical and phytochemical evaluation of an important medicinal plant Oldenlandia umbellata L.
- EMERGING TRENDS IN LIFE SCIENCES
- Chapter on Polythene
- Environmental Protection